What are they?
| Phases | Benefits
| Risks | Questions
to Ask | Finding Clinical
Benefits of Participating in a Clinical Trial
Clinical trials offer you the opportunity to receive the best healthcare
available and to help others currently affected by mesothelioma and those
who will be affected in the future.
You can choose to participate in a clinical trial and still work with
your current healthcare team.
Some of the benefits you may derive from participating in a clinical
- new treatments that may be more effective than the standard treatment
are available to you only if you are enrolled in a clinical trial
- doctors and nurses who will closely monitor your health status and
watch very carefully for any side effects and changes in your condition
while in the clinical trial
- part of your treatment may be free of charge
- satisfaction knowing that your involvement may ultimately help other
- knowing that, if one of the treatments being tested (either new or
old) is apparently much better than the another, you will be switched
to the better treatment